Saturday, December 3, 2016

Revitalization and (re)branding????

Hey everyone!

So I've come to realize that most of the things I do as a musician and composer are separate (at least the way I looked at it they were).

Because of that I started to re examine all the things I do with music. This includes things like this blog, composing for production libraries, writing band songs, playing live,  etc.

But the thing is all of those things can work together. Heck the probably should if I want to really make a long form career out of this music thing!

You see I've been trying to write different kinds of music for different purposes. But the truth is that there are one or two avenues of music creation that I am particularly good at. The main one is an electronic/cinematic rock sound. Basically think Evanescence, and bands that utilize multiple methods of making music in a hard rock context. I had been trying to write very specific things that are not in my wheelhouse for different end goals. This was really scattering my focus.

Being able to solidly produce a body of work that is in my main genre will probably not net me a lot of cash up front, but I feel like it will make for a better long term, and more emotionally fulfilling career ultimately.

You may or may not have noticed on my main Google + account, and my YouTube channel that's attached to it have been renamed from my actual name to "Adore the Red". This is because I intend on actually creating something with that name.

The name is something I've tooled around with for a while now, and my intention was to have a touring band by that name. Unfortunately I've  not yet found a group of musicians that fit in well with that idea just yet, I'm still hoping it will happen someday though.

However Adore the Red is ultimately the pen name for all my Electronic Rock work. Whether that be placed in media, touring, YouTube videos, Websites, etc. This is the name I'm going with.

Adore the Red actually stands for something with me.

Red represents: fire, passion, humanity, blood, and life.

All those things that may or may not be readily apparent but are immediately recognizable as amazing things that we can and in my opinion should chase after.

Hence Adoring it.

I also really like writing fictional stories and building fictional worlds. It's my hope that full albums whether vocal, or instrumental will have an overarching story built into a fictional cinematic world. Obviously I am unable to immediately realize this goal. But to put it bluntly, I would like each album to eventually accompany a 3d film with each song representing some part of the stories.

These of course are long term goals that I would like to see happen someday. However if those things don't come to pass I hope that everyone can still enjoy the music I'll be making under this name.

As always I hope all is well and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment